Monday, April 12, 2010

With 6 Months Comes Solid Food



Kendall turned 6 months old this past Saturday, April 10th. To celebrate the occasion, Troy and I fed her a meal of rice cereal for her first time. Oh it's so yummy...at least that's what we tell her. I've tried it; it's not so yummy, but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it. She is actually doing real well eating with a spoon. Though the food is all over her face, body, bib, bumbo, counter and mom she already gets the concept of opening her mouth when the spoon is coming her direction.

Yesterday Kendall had her 6 month doctors appointment. She is in the 70th percentile for height and 50th for weight. The doctor says she is doing great. She handled her shots like a champ. She has her mother's pain tolerance.


Some other things that have happened this week...I am subconsciously on a mission to destroy every electronic device in our home. First I decided to drop our camera on the cement = Broken. Then I decided dropping my phone in the toilet would be a bright idea = wearing pants without pockets = having to use my old phone. And finally our computer's video card decided to die = have to buy a new computer = MacBook Pro = dealing with converting all our PC docs to work on Mac = Headache. It has been a rough week!!!!


I've been trying for several days to attach a video Troy and I took of K's first meal but for some reason I can't get it to attach to the blog. We wanted to be sure to capture the whole experience on video so we can embarrass her with it someday when boys come into the picture. Troy is dreading that day. :-) If I ever get it up and running I will share it. It's pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. Good girl, Kendall! (Sar, I don't see the video. Could you re-link it?)

    ReplyDelete