Monday, April 30, 2012
Riley's 1st Road Trip & Smile
Riley experienced her first road trip at 5 weeks. We drove to Austin for Troy's Cousin Jen's wedding. The girls were awesome it was Troy and I who had a bit of difficulty. Troy had to unexpectedly work the morning we were to leave and then packing up the car too MUCH longer than usual so we got off 5 hours later than we had hoped. We took the double stroller which requires our back up car seat because our regualr baby care seat doesn't fit on the double stroller. We have never used the back up car seat (1st mistake) so as we are heading out of Dallas we look back and see Riley is leaning way forward. Whoops! We installed the car seat incorrectly so we had to pull over and take a half an hour to read the seat instructions to figure out what we had done wrong. Then back on the road!
We then had to stop so I could feed Riley. What should have been a 30 minute stop turned into an hour with all the diaper changes and snacking by Daddy and Kendall. So we get to our hotel in 5 hours instead of what should have been 3 1/2 but oh well we made it. Troy goes inside the hotel to check us and while I start to unload the car to which I realize....WE FORGOT MY BAG!!!!! Thank goodness I hung all our wedding close on a hanger so at least I had one outfit. Needless to say I had to use Troy's toothbrush and hit Target for some essentials and a new outfit. All in all is was a great trip. We got to spend time with family we haven't seen in quit a while and they all got to meet Riley and see how much Kendall has grown. We made a lot of mistakes on this trip so hopefully we won't make as many next time around.
Troy's Grandma and Grandpa & Aunt Anne stopped by our hotel room to visit. Afterward Troy and the girls passed out while I got ready for the wedding.
This is what Kendall insisted on wearing on our road trip!
Kendall at the wedding riding a horse tire swing while eating an oatmeal cookie.
Riley also experienced another 1st at 6 weeks---her 1st smiles! I caught her smiling at all the funny faces and things I was saying while changing her diaper. I think it's the cutest smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment