While in D.C., one of my dearest friends and former roommate and co-worker let us stay with her in her efficiency. So we took over her flat for 3 days....Thank you Pia! You are so good to us. Kendall had trouble sitting still at dinner so I didn't get to enjoy myself much at meal time, but otherwise she was a rock star the rest of the trip. We had such a nice time! Come visit us D.C. folks. We love you. Below are some pictures from our travels.
Posing in front of an old yet very cool taxi in some car lot in Arlington, VA
Uncle Brian babysitting K while we tried to enjoy brunch in Arlington, VA with Brian and Anne. Poor Brian did a lot of this while we were in town. What a good sport and doesn't he look so good with a baby! I'm just saying Brain.
My old co-worker from my days working on the hill. Anne and I at brunch. It was so great to see her and get caught up.
Driving D.C.
Dinner with friends at the Boulevard Wood Grille in Arlington, VA. Jackie and her lovely fiancee Matt who we finally got to meet.
Uncle Jeff and Uncle Brian goofing off at dinner as usual
My sweeties at dinner
Rise and shine sleepy heads; lots to do and see today!
Touring the Woodlawn Plantation built by George Washington's nephew. Good old George gave him the land to build on. Kendall and Troy touring the grounds
K and I posing with the pink peonies in the gardens of the Woodlawn Estate. Peonies are one of my favorite flowers I might add.
Kendall and I waiting to tour the Pope-Leighey House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Photo of the front of the home.
Welcome! Kendall and Troy at the front door waiting to go inside.
K and Troy checking out the homes back patio
Kendall siting still ever so briefly!
Kendall signing that she is done and the tour hasn't even started yet. AWESOME!
She's really done!
Next we toured Mt. Vernon since Troy lived and D.C. 2 years and never toured it. Troy and Kendall enjoying the beautiful views from the back yard of the Potomic River.
Trying for a photo op with K on the back patio of the Mt. Vernon Estate
Kendall made a friend with a little boy named Evan. He was so generous about sharing grass with her.
Kendall and her new friend playing tag on George Washington's lawn
What a trooper!
Bye bye Mt. Vernon!
Long day touring- now off to dinner with friends.
Uncle Brian babysitting K again!
4 men and a little lady
My girlfriends Jackie and Maria. These were two of the lovely women I was in a Bible study with when I lived in D.C. Jackie just got engaged and Maria is 7 months pregnant with a baby boy
The whole gang minus my girlfriends, Pia and Betsy.
What a fun trip! Happy Mother's Day, Sarah :-)
ReplyDelete