Monday, February 28, 2011

Date Night at Urgent Care


Buzz off mom.

Hunting airplanes...we do this every day

Eating crackers...we do this every day too

My child is OBSESSED with baby signing time...she watches tv like her father- mesmerized.

An update from our world. My sweet baby has had a sinus infection and been on antibiotics for two weeks. I was all excited to finally get her off medication and the day she was scheduled to stop the meds her nose starts running AGAIN. So per doctors advice I continued her on the meds for another week.

So this Saturday our church put on a date night event where they gave you a bag of goodies to help you have wonderful night with your spouse. Troy and I had friends over to the house for a few hours before we were scheduled to go on our DATE NIGHT. I had been looking forward to date night for what seems like forever. We were going to go to a new restaurant in town that allows you to bring your own wine from home...saves you a little cash and then the world was going to be our oyster. But plans changed when Kendall spiked a fever of 103.6. After calling the nurse help line, Troy sped us over to urgent care, hazerds blazing, to get us in just before the urgent care doors closed at 8pm. Kendall was seen by a doctor who diagnosed her with an ear infection. Poor girl...I had no idea her ear was hurting her...no signs.

After urgent care, we had a romantic drive through dinner at Chick-fil-A We used one of the coupons from our goodie bag which got us a free meal. For dessert it was off to CVS Pharmacy where Troy bought us a diet Pepsi and Symphony Hersheys chocolate bar to split. He got Kendall two awesome bouncey balls, one with tinkerbell and then other that has glitter and flashing lights inside of it, and her meds. When we got home Kendall collapsed from exhaustion and so did we.

Oh well so much for the date night I planned it my head. It was still a great night spending time with my two sweeties. Man I hate it when babies are sick.

Since I don't have pictures from our urgent care date night, I thought I would post some from an awesome date night we had in December. We went to Troy's office holiday party and had a blast. The food-amazing, my date-hot and craps- kicked tail at it. Troy and I decided craps where so much fun because we weren't playing with our own money but the fake stuff. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment