Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend










We had a great Memorial Day Weekend! A time to reflect on the privileges we have in this country because of the many men and women who have obtained and maintained them for us. Troy and I were listening to NPR and they reported this ridiculous percentage (I have lost too many brain cells as I can't remember the exact %) Americans have no idea for the reason of Memorial Day. We realized that we need to be diligent about teaching Kendall about our country's history and the reasons we celebrate holidays.

It was also nice to have Troy around for 3 whole days. We had a fun weekend packed with activities. We went to Lake Lewisville to hang out with the Griffis Fam. My brother-in-law, Jack, is selling his boat and boat slip as he and my sister-in-law, Melanie, are expecting their 3rd little girl this summer. With three kiddos, they don't anticipate having much time for boating anymore. We went to the new house and had a carpet consultation...the current carpet is oh-so-gross in my opinion. We also got some ideas regarding hardwoods from a store in Fort Worth. Just shopping it out and checking out options. We had lunch with a friend from D.C. and one of my old co-workers. We watched some movies too as it was HOT this weekend. I made Troy watch Dear John, a sappy love story. Suprise suprise, I cried; I'm such a sap! I also went to the theater with some of my girlfriends for a movie as well. Good good weekend. I'm ready for another one :-)

Why can't we have a three day holiday every week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice and toasty/humid there! It's slowly starting to heat up here ... 85 today. Kendall is just the cutest thing! Looks like she loves her daddy very much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big and cuter everyday! :) We are so excited to see you guys in a week! Can't wait for vaca!

    ReplyDelete