The morning of September 4th, we had open house at Kendall's preschool. Troy took the morning off to go with the girls and I to meet her teachers and check out the facilities. Kendall's teachers are Mrs. Mayfield and Mrs. Miller and they are wonderful. They have been teaching the Chocolate Chip Class (3 yr olds) together for over 10 years. Troy and I are really happy with this school that was recommended to us from girls in my BSF Bible study and from our church. Kendall will go from 9am-2pm once a week. She will go to chapel and have Bible time, learn how to hold her crayons and scissors properly, go to Spanish class, go on field trips, and all kids of great stuff. I am super proud of her that she already knows her ABC's, numbers to 20, colors, shapes, she can sing all kids of songs such as Holy, Holy Holy, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, The Bible is a Treasure Book (my mom is bursting with bride reading this). The other day Kendall told me her piece of cheese looked like a pentagon and it really did! Ok so I'm bragging on my kid, but hey this is my blog and plus she is a smart cookie so what can I say ;-)
Tonight Troy had to work late (bummer) so Kendall, Riley and I did the bedtime routine along. Kendall's prayer every night is really cute but tonight I especially got a kick out of what she was saying. Here's a playback of her prayer to Jesus:
Mommy: Dear Jesus, thank you so much for being such a great God and for loving us. We thank you for such a great day. Thank you for…
Kendall: Teachers (she met her preschool teachers today), Kendall, Mommy, Riley, and Kendall, Daddy, Grandpa, and Kendall, So soon( meaning we are going to visit Grandma & Grandpa Lap very soon) on airplane, take Kendall's iPad (she thinks it's hers; it's Daddy's), watch iPad, Dora Birthday Party (that's the theme she picked for her 3rd birthday), Aba at party (Ava is one of Kendall's friends), Jesus love Kendall (she says this randomly all the time; I love it. Don't you ever forget it Kendall!)...
Despite how this sounds, my child does not have ADD. Ha!
And now to brag on Riley, she is one awesome baby! She is so laid back and just goes with the flow, but I guess when your the second child being lugged everywhere you big sitter is going, you have to be. I love this smiley and cuddly bundle of cuteness who thinks I am the most funny person ever. All I have to do is blow bubbles on her belly or change my the pitch of my voice and she laughs hysterically. I sure hope she gets her fathers whit! Man, I wish I was witty!
I love my girls …and Troy. :-)
| I'm shocked! |
| Posing for the camera |
| Off to bath time for Riley |
| Daddy laid down to pray with Kendall…and Daddy passed out too |
| Don't judge. I was ironing. |
| The fashion forward way to wear headbands |
No comments:
Post a Comment