Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on Baby, Pregnancy, Home & Family

Holy Smokes! How in the world can we be at the end of February already...and how can I be that I'm a day over my due date!!! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what progress I've made. Depending on her assessment I will either go to the hospital Thursday night or Friday morning for the induction process to get under way. My mom flies in Thursday night so it could be ideal if Baby Girl wants to wait...which is how it's looking. No need for a picture of me. I'm carrying just like I did Kendall; it looks like I am smuggling a basketball in my shirt. :-) I've gained 35lbs with pregnancy which is only 2-3 more than with Kendall. I've allowed myself many more treats this time around as I've been craving sugar much earlier in this pregnancy! I have been nesting! We have gotten many home projects done around the house before our lives get a bit more complicated. We did some updates to our living/dining room with a new dinning room table that now seats 12 and chairs and curtains. I love how it turned out! Troy installed a new toilet in Kendall's bathroom and moved the nursery into what use to be our office. I am working on getting all the finishings for the room done but have come to terms with the fact I will not finish it all until after she arrives. Troy then moved the office into our guest bed room so it will now function in two capacities. We then rearranged furniture, cleaned out closets and decluttered the room. We also got a new mattress for our guest bed which all our guests will be grateful for. Troy put new shelving into the garage and sold our old washer and dryer unit because he got me new ones at Christmas...yes! Kendall's room with big girl bed is 3/4 of the way done. We are planning on getting new bedroom furniture and handing down our current stuff to the girls...so until that purchase is made Kendall's room will be a bit bare. I purchased curtains for our bedroom but struck out so I am still on the hunt! As far as Kendall goes, she is a cute little ball of fun and feistiness. She is really good with names and loves to name each of her friends to me along with all the princesses and sesame characters she knows. Mind you she has only seen some of Tangled staring Rupunzle and no Sesame Street. She gets all this from books she's been given. She still loves the park and being outside, loves to dance and boy can she move, ride her tricycle, repeat after her parents, eat suckers every once in a while for treats and swim. She is doing so well in her big kid swim class. Troy and I no longer are in the pool with her so her class consists of 3 little boys and her teacher, Miss Samantha. Troy is well and working hard. He has put it late nights this week to gear up for baby's arrival. His girls love him like crazy. Kendall loves to hug him and do his P90X work outs with him in the morning. He is so patient with her getting in his way and trying to climb all over him while he tries to get through the workout...I don't think I would have the same amount of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment