Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy as a Bee








Now that Kendall is an independent woman, she is busy as a little bee. She is curious about everything and could not be a more of a social butterfly like her father. K loves to be outside so I try to get her out at least once a day...weather permitting. We have to wave at every car, tree, dog, walker, bird, squirrel, and who knows what else as it goes by. If it's dogs or people, we have to go over and see them, but then when they get close I have to hold her in order for Kendall to interact with them. This interaction often consists of jibber jabber and several rounds of peek-a-boo; Kendall's FAVORITE game.

Another thing we love to do is hunt for squirrels and airplanes. I'm amazed at how good she is at spotting them; great eyesight thank goodness. Yesterday, we played catch with a tennis ball and blew bubbles. Bubbles is the new word she has added to her vocabulary. Currently, she is saying Dada, Mama, Uh-Oh, Baby, Bubbles, Weeeeeeee, and Bubba. Bubba is really her go-to word for everything she can't call by name. She calls both the dust-buster and vacuum Bubba every time we visit them in the closet...which is several times daily.

Troy and I could not resist buying K her own play kitchen for Christmas. We set it up and let her play with it early. The kitchen is growing on her more each day, but she LOVED the box it came in immediately. We made it into a fort for Kendall and her puppy dog, Violet, to play in. I put an LED light/candle in the box so they could see each other.




And I know you are probably thinking, Holy Smokes Sarah, does your kid always have to wear a bow in her hair. Even in her pj's really? And my answer is yes...her hair is too long so it gets in her eyes and I don't want to cut it yet so the bow is necessary. Many times when K realizes it's in her hair she will pull it out and either stick it in her mouth, throw it on the ground or hand it to me. The times I can convince her to keep it in I do so by saying "Pretty bow, pretty"; she then pats the bow and is off about her business. Cute kid!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the practicality of bow-usage. Girls bangs sure get Long fast! Can't wait to see you on Thurs ... and to see Kendall walking all over :-)

    ReplyDelete