Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Birthday Parties, Turkey & Christmas Photos

Well Troy and I can check off on our to-do list making Turkey & Gravy for Thanksgiving . I was so nervous, but we followed Food Network Chief, Alton Brown's, turkey brining instructions and it really came out well. We hosted Troy's family for Thanksgiving so we had a large crowd at our house for the holiday. It was really fun. And I am happy to report that I didn't completely gorge myself that day; small personal victory!


The whole gang at Thanksgiving

Proof that I helped with the meal...making the gravy!

Turkey man...Troy and this bird became really close

Kendall with her festive holiday attire (Outfit 1)


Kendall with her festive holiday attire (Outfit 2)


The week before Thanksgiving we had Troy's Grandparents stay with us for two days and then Troy's cousin, Nick and his wife and their baby. They were all in town for my brother-in-laws surprise 40th Birthday Party. Kendall loved Nick...his just a big kid at heart so I'm not surprised she took to him as she did. Plus she liked the baby (Baby Nick who is only 3 months younger than K). Jack's party was really fun. Friends and family came from far and wide to celebrate this big milestone...40...only 9 measly little years till I see that number. Anyway their was yummy mexican food and even an Elvis Impersonator sporting a blue rhinestone jumpsuit with an silver chained owl belt....his outfit was awesome.









Over the extended weekend, we took our family Christmas photo. My husband with his trusty tripod does a great job of taking our photos, however this year was a bit more difficult than the last. Though Kendall was really awesome and patient with us...she was over the whole thing pretty quickly. I'm not going to show the picture we choose for the card...it will be arriving in your mailbox shortly....but I thought I would give you a little glimpse into our adventure. We didn't get a picture with K looking directly at the camera as you can see she is busy with other things.








Now that Kendall is walking she is a "walking time bomb". She bonks her head or chin at least once a day and has obtained several facial bruises and cuts from it...But she couldn't be happier with her new found FREEDOM!

Last night Troy feed and put K to bed so I could go out with the girls from my play group. I've mentioned before that K and I are a part of a play group with seven other mom's and toddlers Kendall's age; they all were born from August to November of 2009. I love our group. It's so nice to have people you can talk to who are going through the exact same thing you are. Plus the kids will get to grow up together and eventually become friends once they stop stealing each others toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment