Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lots Been Going On

It has been a few weeks since I have had time to make a blog post...so here goes. We have had a lot going on with us lately.

A month ago Kendall got her first pair of shoes. Baby shoes are ridiculously expensive. K's shoes cost more than mine. Bling or no bling, all the shoes cost the same so of course we went with the sparkle. Plus I am told you need to buy them every 2-3 months. Say What?!?! K is not walking on her own though I know she can. She refuses to take a step unless you give her a finger to hold on to. She took 2 steps fell and now doesn't want to do it. I broke down and got my child shoes because she loves to go outside. Every morning, throughout the afternoon and even before bed K is pointing at the door to let her out. She loves to walk the neighborhood, try to convince me to let her go into the street, point at the birds, play at the school playground, touch the trees and tour the flowerbeds. For our playgroup today, we are all meeting at the park. Kendall will be delighted!




A two months ago, Troy and I went on a double date with our lovely friends, Rolando & Shandra. We went and saw Maroon 5 in concert. It was a blast! They sure put on a great concert. The best part was we got the tickets on groupon for a steal.



The playgroup we are a part of has 9 little kiddos all the same age as Kendall. We hosted the group at our house a few weeks ago. I made brownies for the moms, but the kids wanted some too of course.




Though we loved the church we have attended since I moved to Dallas, Troy and I decided we needed to find a church closer to our current home. We are really excited about a church we found just 4 minutes from the house. After we got home from church on Sunday, we took a few photos of the family since I've been slacking on my photo snapping opportunities.





This past weekend I hosted a lady's jewelry party. It was so much fun to play dress up and catch up with my girlfriends. It was much needed. My wonderful husband helped me clean the house to prepare for the party. The man shined my sink and cook top. They look amazingly clean! He then took Kendall to the mall for some father-daughter time. When they came home, they brought me lots of gifts. It was so nice. Thanks Troy and K! You guys are the best.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I hear ya on the cost of baby shoes. Fortunately, her feet will stop growing so fast as she get's to 2 & 3 years old: that means less shoes to buy.

    Second, you and your playgroup are so sweet to host at your own homes. 9 kids eating brownies? I think I'd pitch a fit with brownie crumbs all over :-) Have fun at the park -- sounds like you have a tree-hugger on your hands.

    Third, what did T&K bring home from the mall for you? Aren't unexpected gift the best?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness the foot growing slows as soon as 2. I was thinking we were going to spend a small fortune of foot apparel. Why am I not an investor in Stride Rite?

    Um yes...after the fact I said to myself, "Self that was a stupid idea to make brownies." Thank goodness for vacuums and dust busters. See a crumb bust it.

    T&K brought me home all kinds of stuff...expensive stuff too. They went to Nordstroms and let's just say they didn't shop the sale racks. They bought be 2 cocktail dresses, 2 pairs of leggings, 2 shirts, and a blazer...all of which is getting returned. Though I love it, I now have a 1 year old who drools & gets gunk all over me. I just can't stomach it. I told Troy once our kids are older I'm going on a shopping spree for nice grownup clothes, until then Old Navy and Target will have to do.

    Oh and since I know you are wondering why the cocktail dress, we have Troy's office Holiday Party next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that jacket Kendall wore to church. Where did you get it? Bella needs one. Do they make them in mommy sizes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally hear ya on only shopping at Old Navy and Target. I've also found the Anne Taylor Loft sale racks to be divine! Thanks for commenting on my comment :-D Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. V- I got that jacket for K at Old Navy. They have been having a lot of sales lately. I'm sure you can get it at a favorable price than what's on the tag. It comes in Purple too! Super Cute as well.

    ReplyDelete